The International Women’s Air & Space Museum is celebrating one of Cleveland’s own aviators with an exhibit. Nancy Corrigan—originally from Owenduff, Ireland— came to Cleveland with her mother and three sisters in the late 1920’s. The exhibit examines her life as a woman pilot, highlighting the Air Races she attended and participated in. Through photographs, a brief video of one of the races Nancy was in and research done by the Corrigan family, we are given a glimpse into the life of a Cleveland aviator.
The International Women’s Air & Space Museum is located in the terminal of Burke Lakefront Airport, only seconds from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum and the Great Lakes Science Center. The mission of IWASM is to preserve the history of women in aviation and space and to document their continuing contributions today and in the future.
In 1986 the museum opened in Centerville, Ohio. IWASM was welcomed to the City of Cleveland, Ohio in 1998, where you will find their home at Burke Lakefront Airport. Exhibits are in the lobby at Burke, as well as the west concourse, and are accessible seven days a week.
For additional information please visit http://iwasm.org/wp-blog/
- Aviation Courses Ireland
- Norwegian Long Haul AS Fleet
- Norwegian Air International Fleet
- Cityjet Fleet
- Commercial Airport Directory of Ireland
- Irish Aviation Events - 2017
- Ireland Aircraft Leasing Directory
- Scheduled Airline Services to Ireland
- Ireland - The Global Hub of Aircraft Leasing
- ASL Airlines Ireland Fleet
- Ireland MRO Directory
- Ryanair Boeing 737-8AS Fleet
- Aer Lingus Fleet
- Stobart Air Fleet
- Ireland airline route database
- Contact Us
- Ireland Aviation, Tourism and Travel Twitter List
- Terms and Conditions