- Aer Lingus Fleet
- Air Italy Fleet List
- Aviation Courses Ireland
- ASL Airlines Ireland Fleet
- Cityjet Fleet
- Commercial Airport Directory of Ireland
- GainJet Ireland Fleet List
- SAS Airlines Ireland Fleet
- Ireland airline route database
- Ireland Aviation, Tourism and Travel Twitter List
- Ireland Aircraft Leasing Directory
- Ireland MRO Directory
- Ireland - The Global Hub of Aircraft Leasing
- Norwegian Long Haul AS Fleet
- Norwegian Air International Fleet
- Scheduled Airline Services to Ireland
- Ryanair Boeing 737-8AS Fleet
- Stobart Air Fleet
- Terms and Conditions
Monday, 27 August 2012
Ryanair drops Copenhagen Base plans ©
The Danish Travel website Check-In.dk (22nd August) reported that Ryanair has handed back slots for 34 routes to Copenhagen Airport for 215 weekly flights from the 28th October which would have seen the airline base eight aircraft in CPH. The news will no doubt be a relief to existing operators at CPH.
On the 1st November 2010 Copenhagen Airport opened a dedicated low cost pier named 'Go' enables airlines to carry complete 30 minute turnarounds with 90% self-service check-in facilities.
The airline had planned to serve two Irish routes from CPH to Dublin & Shannon airports (Check-In.dk 18th July).
The Ryanair CEO Michael O'Leary on the annoucement of Q1 Results said " We continue to see significant opportunities to grow across Europe as many airports aggressively compete to attract Ryanair's traffic growth" (Ryanair 30th July 2012).
Irish Aviation Research Institute © 27th August 2012 All Rights Reserved.